Jim joined the firm in 2004. In 2003, Jim founded Button Law Offices, LLC, a commercial law firm located in Thiensville, Wisconsin. Prior to starting Button Law Offices, Jim practiced commercial law for over 16 years in various in-house corporate counsel positions with eFunds Corporation, Citibank, N.A. and IBM Corporation. In these prior positions, Jim developed an extensive working knowledge of the financial services, electronic payments and information technology industries and substantial experience in a wide variety of legal areas. He also spent significant time in his corporate positions providing management and employee training. He has presented at numerous bar association and other legal seminars on a variety of topics.
Mr. Button's approach to the practice of commercial law is to intimately understand his client's business, objectives and industry, work closely with the client to find practical solutions to business opportunities and challenges, and to help minimize legal risks and expenses. He is firmly committed to providing highly competent legal services to clients in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Business Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate Law
- Wills, Trusts, and Probate
Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
- B.A. - 1983
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics)
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Business
- Minor: Political Science
- New York, 1987
- Wisconsin, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2003
- Bank of America
- Bodi Company
- CL Verify, LLC
- CU Cooperative Systems, Inc.
- DP Bureau, LLC
- eFunds Corporation
- EMR Technology Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
- EMR International Services, Inc.
- Fidelity National Information Systems, Inc.
- Herbst Oil, Inc.
- iTeam Companies, Inc.
- Smarte Cash International, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Istream Financial Services, Inc., General Counsel
- eFunds Corporation, General Counsel
- Bank of America (Works Inc.), Corporate Counsel
- Citibank, N.A., Corporate Counsel
- IBM Corporation , Corporate Counsel
Current Employment Positions